About Me

My photo
"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather my spark burn out in a brilliant blaze than be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy, permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." ~Jack London

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Within You Without You



We were talking about the space between us all
And the people who hide themselves behind a wall of illusion
Never glimpse the truth, then it's far too late, when they pass away.

We were talking about the love we all could share, when we find it
To try our best to hold it there, with our love
With our love we could save the world, if only they knew.

Try to realize it's all within yourself
No one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small,
And life flows within you and without you.

We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people,
Who gain the world and lose their soul
They don't know -they can't see- are you one of them?

When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find, peace of mind,
Is waiting there -
And the time will come when you see
We're all one, and life flows on within you and without you.

~The Beatles

8 comments:

Claudia said...

Beautiful!

Sky said...

Neat! So true.

alan said...

Everytime I come here you share something wonderful with me; I thank you!

alan

MB said...

I like that phrase, "within you and without you."

Somnambulist Seeker said...

Very true.

I am endlessly amazed at how - at just the right moment - lyrics from some song will pop up in my head and shine a light on some issue that's been rolling around in there.

Often the songs are ones I haven't heard or thought about in years (I blogged something about this today myself).

It's all part of being connected to the All, I reckon.

Claudia said...

You´re tagged!

Unknown said...

I love it! Oh btw are these pictures taken by you with your new camera?

Anonymous said...

I love the photo. I'm ashamed to admit, as a diehard Beatles lover, that I have never heard this song. I'll need to look it up.