About Me

My photo
"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather my spark burn out in a brilliant blaze than be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy, permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." ~Jack London

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A Few Notes For The Few Moments I Have

I don't have a lot of time to blog tonight, so I thought I'd just write a quick post to say that YES, I will be able to blog from India. I'm not sure if it will be as frequently as it has been here, but I'll do my best to keep this updated, and to check in on all of you, my favorite bloggers. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't.

And while I'm checking up on you tonight, here are the lyrics to one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite singers. Enjoy!

Joyful Girl
By Ani DiFranco

I do it for the joy it brings
Because I’m a joyful girl
Because the world owes me nothing
And we owe each other the world
I do it because it’s the least I can do
I do it because I learned it from you
I do it just because I want to
Because I want to

Everything I do is judged
And they mostly get it wrong
But oh well
’cuz the bathroom mirror has not budged
And the woman who lives there can tell
The truth from the stuff that they say
And she looks me in the eye
And says would you prefer the easy way?
No, well o.k. then
Don’t cry

And I wonder if everything I do
I do instead
Of something I want to do more
The question fills my head
I know that there’s no grand plan here
This is just the way it goes
And when everything else seems unclear
I guess at least I know

I do it for the joy it brings
Because I’m a joyful girl
Because the world owes me nothing
And we owe each other the world
I do it because it’s the least I can do
I do it because I learned it from you
I do it just because I want to
Because I want to....

8 comments:

Alex S said...

HI there! I am SO excited you are giving yourself the gift of traveling again and going to India. Did you ever hear the quote by St . Augustine? "The world is a book. Those whom don't travel read only a page." When you travel, every sense is wildly open and alive that it just can't be when we stay home. I can't WAIT to hear your stories, see your pictures, impressions.... I'm going with you in spirit!

Claudia said...

Wow, what an adventure! I love to watch Indian movies because they are so full of colour, the clothing, the countryside. I know there is a tragic, poor side of India too from friends who have been there - I am really looking forward to hearing about your travels. I can´t believe you are just 20!!!

gkgirl said...

i'm so excited for you that
you are really going to take this
amazing step!
yay for you!
and i can't wait to hear all about it
(being a 35 year old who has only
been to 2 countries...and one of them
is the united states, teehee)

snowsparkle said...

i'm very happy imagining you travelling in india... hope you'll have a digital camera. i'll enjoy seeing india through your eyes. and thanks for the song... love the lyrics. they're so you!

Jamie said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you'll continue posting as you go on this amazing adventure. I'd miss your energy!

And thank you for sharing those lyrics. They spoke to a special place in my heart today and were just what I needed to hear.

MB said...

Thanks, Frankie. :-)

meghan said...

Those are fantastic lyrics! I haven't heard that song before, I'll have to look it up. I'm so excited for you. What an amazing adventure you have ahead of you. Anytime I hear about a woman going and seeing part of the world I get so happy. I can't WAIT to hear about it!

Annie Z said...

Frankie, I really look forward to sharing your overseas journey with you! As much as you can anyway! It will be an amazing experience.

JTL
xxx