About Me

My photo
"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather my spark burn out in a brilliant blaze than be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy, permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." ~Jack London

Thursday, January 05, 2006

5 Weird Things Tag

I was tagged by Liz (www.bepresentbehere.blogspot.com) to write 5 weird things about me. I've seen it on most of my other favorite blogs and felt deeply inclined to participate. Here goes;

1. I am afraid of getting poked in the eye by other people's umbrellas. I'm not sure where this fear derives from, but I've had it for as long as I can remember. Because of this, I never use umbrellas and I try to avoid crowds on rainy days.

2. I love to be barefoot all the time. Not just on soft surfaces like grass and sand, but on dirty sidewalks. I always slip my shoes off when no one's watching, even if it's painful to walk. Sometimes I like it better when it's painful.

3. When I was younger, I would cut celebrities pictures out of magazines and make collages in a big scrapbook. They didn't even need to be celebrities I liked. Anyone would do. A few years later, I ripped out all of the pages and used them as wallpaper for my room. When I was sixteen, I decided it was lame and threw them all away. I miss them sometimes, and am always tempted to rip out pages every time I read a magazine.

5. I got my tongue pierced a year before I pierced my ears. Even when I went to get my ears pierced, I decided on a whim to do my nose as well. I can't actually remember any of it and I often forget they're even there.

4. I partied more at age 14 than I do at 20. We used to sneak liquor from our parents, get dropped off at WaWa and go walk what felt like miles to go drink in the woods. It often took all of our cunning capabilities to pull this off. Now that alcohol is readily available, I find I want it less. I miss the adventure.

8 comments:

intentionally left blank said...

you must have impressive calluses

Out Of Jersey said...

I hate wearing shoes. I'll walk around work in my stocking feet at times.

snowsparkle said...

your list is so wonderfully full of imagery.... i can see the wallpapered room and see you throwing it all away... the courage to let go and move on eludes me... i'm too sentimental... but i admire it in others and i think i may get better at it this year. -- snowsparkle

Anonymous said...

Great list! I have a thing with umbrellas as well. Can't stand this stupid invention. I mean...it's only water it isn't going to hurt you. I never use an umbrella even when it's offered. As for the adventure you miss...you're off on a HUGE on this year!

Leah said...

Very interesting list!

I did all of my partying before I turned 21!

Beetlebum said...

I have actually gotten poked in the eye by an umbrella and let me tell you, it is not pretty. It hurt kinda badly. But then it stopped.

Also, I totally remember cutting out celebs' pictures and putting them on my wall, and the time I decided it was lame. :-P

Unknown said...

Love the first one lol

liz elayne lamoreux said...

Such great images here. I have to admit to laughing out loud at #1. Hadn't really thought about it before...I guess I worry about getting poked in the head but the eye...now that is something new for me to focus on out here in the rainy pacific northwest.
I love to have bare feet as well but I am not quite as brave as you...I like grass, sand, and carpet.