About Me

My photo
"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather my spark burn out in a brilliant blaze than be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy, permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." ~Jack London

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Letters From Camp

Although my brother will probably kill me for this, I simply had to share these letters he wrote home from camp when he was eight years old. I found them in an old box I was sorting through. I've copied them verbatim (spelling errors included for effect), so good luck trying to decipher them. Each one was sent on a separate postcard. They are absolutely wonderful, especially if you know my brother now at age 18, who has become such a strong, independent, talented, focused young man. These are from a time when he was a little more innocent and I'm sure I'll be in trouble for exposing him here.

"Dear mom/dad
I having a great time. um do you think I could get sent a present I would really like it.
Love, Harry"

"Dear mom,
I'm haveing a great time. I have a lot of good friends also a kid in my bonck got kicked out.
Love, Harry"

"Dear mom,
My bonck is funny. Every time someone farts people say door nobe and the person that farted has to toush the door nobe.
Love, Harry"

"Dear dad,
Now everybody has gotten a package. And I know you broute me all that food but I really want a package. I having a lot of fun. Me and Aja broke up but now I have a new girlfriend whos better. I met a lot more friends one is a 12 year old punk rocker.
Love, Harry Z."

1 comment:

liz elayne lamoreux said...

Oh these are just wonderful. I have some of my old ones from when I was 11 and at theatre camp...such fun to go back there and remember who we were. I am sure your brother will appreciate that on some level.