About Me

My photo
"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather my spark burn out in a brilliant blaze than be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy, permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." ~Jack London

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The Blog World

This blog world can be so odd when you think about it. People I don't even know suddenly step inside my head and listen to me, share with me, comfort me when I need it most. Thank you to those of you who have left me sweet comments and/or sent me phenomenally kind emails. It's amazing to have strangers and friends be so compassionate and understanding. It somehow makes each day a little brighter knowing that someone, somewhere, can relate to you.

How exhilarating it is to come across a treasure like this, to read her beautiful words, to feel inspired each day by her wisdom and eloquence. I read her work over and over as though it were my favorite book; pages tabbed, passages underlined, scribbles in the margin. I let her soft words fill me, enchanting me with their simple exuberance. I am forever grateful to her.

I stole my mother's computer for the day while she's at work and have finally found some time to visit my favorite blogs. Somehow, they fill me with such inspiration and hope for the future. It's empowering to know how other people around the world are feeling each day. It's empowering to read their words and learn not only about their lives, but about the lessons they've learned and are continuing to learn. I love her realizations about life and her thoughts on her journey. I love the way both have provided me with such comfort through their comments and emails. Thank you both from the bottom of my heart.

And to those others, the ones who leave advice and inspiration. I love that I've become internet friends with Leah and Jess who are always a source of strength for me. I love those that are already my friends in the real world who take the time to read this and comment both on and off the blog (especially Deb who gives me far too much credit as a writer and always makes me smile). You are all so amazing and I am so blessed to know you.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who lift my spirits daily, who provide me with a sense of peace and contentment, who never cease to make each day that much brighter. Thank you for taking the time to listen to me. Thank you for allowing me to listen to you. Thank you for sharing the journey.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Your words have been so encouraging and delightful to read! I feel so blessed that our paths have crossed. So, it is me who should be thanking you! :o)

gkgirl said...

i love reading your writing...
i knew from the first entry i read
that i would be coming back again
and again...
:)

Nicole said...

I'm probably dangerously addicted to blogging because I have made so many wonderful friends in blogland. It's a huge community of support and love, it's wonderful to see that other's are inspired as well.

:* Princess

liz elayne lamoreux said...

I feel very blessed to read your words and learn from you. I always think about how brave you are as your write words directly from your heart. And I agree, this blogging world is amazing. People we would have never met otherwise. So glad to have met you...