About Me

My photo
"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather my spark burn out in a brilliant blaze than be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy, permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." ~Jack London

Friday, October 28, 2005

Lists Of 15 (In No Particular Order)

15 Musicians/Bands I Could Never Tire Of Hearing:

1. Ani DiFranco
2. Dave Matthews
3. Jack Johnson
4. Michael Franti
5. Ben Folds
6. Paul Simon
7. Death Cab For Cutie
8. Ben Lee
9. The Shins
10. Keller Williams
11. Ben Harper
12. Guster
13. Tom Petty
14. Bob Marley
15. Sublime


15 Movies I Could Watch A Million Times:

1. Garden State
2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
3. Amelie
4. I Heart Huckabees
5. Almost Famous
6. The Big Lebowski
7. Life Is Beautiful
8. American Beauty
9. The Royal Tenenbaums
10. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
11. Anchorman
12. Dogma
13. Big Fish
14. Shrek
15. Zoolander


15 Books That Inspire Me:

1. The Bel Jar, Sylvia Plath
2. On The Road, Jack Kerouac
3. The Catcher In The Rye, JD Salinger
4. Angela's Ashes, Frank McCourt
5. Dress Your Family In Corduroy And Denim, David Sedaris
6. Sailing Alone Around The Room, Billy Collins
7. Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs, Chuck Klosterman
8. Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte
9. Mrs. Dalloway, Virginia Woolf
10. The Hours, Michael Cunningham
11. Beloved, Toni Morrison
12. Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte
13. The Unbearable Lightness Of Being, Milan Kundera
14. The Giving Tree, Shel Silverstein
15. I Capture The Castle, Dodie Smith


15 Things I'm grateful for:

1. My friends
2. My mom
3. The smell of seasons changing
4. Writing
5. The way it feels to be barefoot
6. Having time to reflect
7. Hippie cafes
8. The sound of rain
9. Opportunities to dance like a fool
10. Nature
11. Hugs
12. Music
13. Good poetry
14. Random acts of kindness
15. Life and all it's glory


15 Things I Am:

1. Creative
2. Philosophical
3. A daughter
4. A sister
5. A writer
6. A dreamer
7. Spirited
8. Genuine
9. Loving
10. A student
11. Young at heart
12. Wise
13. Quiet
14. A good friend
15. Happy

1 comment:

gkgirl said...

i love lists
because
1. i'm a huge list person
2. its how my mind works
3. i love the physical act of writing it out...

heehee
and i especially love other people's lists that have some stuff that i already like and yet some stuff i haven't tried so that it gives me a list (heehee) of new things to try
:)
thanks for the comments on my site
:)