About Me

My photo
"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather my spark burn out in a brilliant blaze than be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy, permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." ~Jack London

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

A Shamefully Quick Goodbye

This is my last post from home. I'm so sorry, dear blogger friends, that I've had so little time this past week to update and respond to your lovely comments and posts. Just know that they've meant the world to me. I'll be thinking of all of you constantly while I'm gone and will do my best to check in on you as frequently as I can.

Liz, I got your package today. You are an absolutely amazing and kind and generous person. Thank you so, so, so much my dear! Everything in it was so utterly PERFECT. I wish I had time right now to post pictures of it all, but I'm heading out the door to take care of some last minute things as we speak. Just know that this meant the world to me, and I'll send you a better thank you as soon as I get settled in India.

India. Tomorrow!!!

Goodbye for now everyone. I love you all and will miss you tremendously. Please feel free to email often (faz222@aol.com)! I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as I can. I'll be blogging of course, as well.

Off I go, into the infinite abyss. Wish me luck ;)

10 comments:

Somnambulist Seeker said...

Godspeed, and Good Luck.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing what's in store for you!

liz elayne lamoreux said...

be safe and have the time of your life! blessings to you on your journey.
we will all be waiting here in cyberspace for your first update...

(and i am so glad the package got there! phew!)

snowsparkle said...

strong wings, bold heart, and kindness... always kindness. have a great trip! miss you already!

alan said...

Thinking of you...missing you...wishing you the best always!

alan

Cinnamon Spider! said...

Wow have fun in India! we shall miss you, you must write about what it's like there :)

MB said...

Be bold, be brave, be unafraid... stay safe and have a ton of fun... Soak it all in and write like crazy.

I know you will.

hollibobolli said...

And she's off!!!

Bring us back wonderful tales - and you be safe!!

Big hugs!!

Claudia said...

Have the time of your life!!!!!

Sky said...

You are likely flying over an ocean as I write this. Thank you so much for sharing "the facts" of this trip and exciting time in your life. It will be rich beyond words, Frankie, for you and for those whose lives you touch.

I am so eager to hear from you and to learn how you are and what you are finding in your midst. The poverty will be heart-breaking and unlike anything you have seen in that regard, but there is much more than poverty in India - and I hope you will find time to travel away from your work projects to see the country in its many dimensions.

We wait for your next post with great anticipation...

Best wishes,
Sky

Admin said...

your words really touch the soul. have a wonderful time here. 'sky' has said it right. there are much more than poverty in india. it's a place where you have the skyscrappers and the slums co-existing side-by-side. probably that's the symbol of a growing economy. you'll find the dirt btw your fingers, laced with hunger, corruption, negligence, struggle, stinks..yet you'll find the warmth and love. welcome to India.