About Me

My photo
"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather my spark burn out in a brilliant blaze than be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy, permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." ~Jack London

Monday, July 18, 2005

Blue Death And Monday Blues

I tried to turn on my computer Friday to update my blog, and as soon as it reached my background, I was hit by the blue death. My father claims this is a commonly used term, although I had never heard it before, and wish I had never had to hear it. My screen flashed blue with a notice only computer geeks can decipher, and then everything went dead. It made that horrendous noise I dread, the kind that makes your heart stop for a few seconds. My dear computer is dead.

I wouldn't have minded so terribly had I not JUST gotten it back a week ago from being repaired. The truth is, they only pretended to fix it with the hopes that my warranty would run out before it died again and I'd be forced to buy an entirely new computer. Grrrr. Anyway, I don't mean to complain about such a frivolous dillema. There are much bigger problems in the world than my laptop breaking down, but still it's an annoyance and will make updating my blog that much more difficult. Forgive me if it's sparatic for the next few weeks.

I'm at work right now and finding it difficult to concentrate on anything productive. Yeah, story of my life. This rain makes the day seem to move so slowly. It already feels like night has fallen and everyone should have already gone home. It's one of those days where I'd almost prefer to be here by myself. Everyone seems to be grumpy and it's rubbing off on me. Maybe it's just a case of the Mondays dragging me down.

I don't feel like getting into a deeply emotional topic right now, but I'll try and write some more later today. I hope things start to pick up and the rain starts to slow down. I'm getting pretty fed up with this weather.

No comments: