About Me

My photo
"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather my spark burn out in a brilliant blaze than be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy, permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." ~Jack London

Friday, February 08, 2008

Another Grateful Friday



That when I asked him what he loved most in the world, he answered "boogers" without skipping a beat.

Returning to work.

Feeling better.

My mom.

The love and support of my coworkers.

That she confided in me.

That we share a secret.

That it only makes me love her more.

That as I returned the shopping cart to its row, I thought about how we are all connected in these small, intimate ways -- ways as simple as sharing a shopping cart.

The beauty of such a thought.

The beauty of such a truth.

Our connections.

The text from you today.

The efforts we are making to be kind to one another, even if we don't necessarily spark.

That she offered to buy me lunch.

This video.

That you are getting ready for your first real adventure into the world.

That there are sure to be more to follow.

That you deserve it more than almost anyone I know.

And the discovery of this.

That my birthday is exactly two weeks away.

That it lands on a Friday.

That it is just another excuse to be grateful for this little life of mine.

2 comments:

Beetlebum said...

i like your grateful fridays :)

gkgirl said...

great list of gratefullness...
the boogers made me giggle.
:)