About Me

My photo
"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather my spark burn out in a brilliant blaze than be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy, permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." ~Jack London

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Giving Thanks

Things that I am grateful for on this, and every, glorious day:

Coffee
Good books
Words that send my mind reeling
Poetry that sparks my heart
Quotations that feed my soul
My mind
My heart
My soul
Music
Particularly live music
Dancing
Singing
Frolicking
Nature
And all that it entails
Rain
Sun
Snow
Grass
And what it feels like between my toes
Sand
And what it feels like between my toes
Being barefoot
Winter
Spring
Summer
Fall
The smell of seasons changing
The smell of the beach
Being alone
Not being alone
Hugs
Kisses
My family
My mother in particular
My friends
Laughter
Infectous laughter
Side spliting, eye watering, all consuming laughter
Love
Infectous love
Side splitting, eye watering, all consuming love
Morning
The sun
Day
The clouds
Night
The moon
The stars
What it feels like learning something new
Hot showers
The way the city lights up around Christmas
The way summer nights seem to last forever
The middle of nowhere
The middle of everything
Traveling
Our differences
Our similarities
Watching candles burn down into nothing
Movies that dare to be different
People that dare to be different
Kindred spirits
My freedom
My happiness
My life
The world
The universe
The infinite abyss
This day
And all the days that have come before
And all the days to follow

That this list could go on forever...

5 comments:

gkgirl said...

that was very moving...
i especially liked how
all consuming eye watering
can fit both
laughter
and
love....

:)

Beetlebum said...

Awesome list. I shouldn't have read it before I make my own because now I'll probably end up stealing from yours...but I bet you'll be ok with that. I would LOVE to see you...I'll hopefully be coming to Adrian's and I'd love to see your new place also!!

Anne said...

Happy Thanksgiving my American friend! I love your list.

Leah said...

Happy Thanksgiving! :o)

hannah said...

What a fantastic list. Every single one of those is just right. (And I love how coffee is at the top of both of ours)