About Me

My photo
"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather my spark burn out in a brilliant blaze than be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy, permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." ~Jack London

Friday, July 28, 2006

Grateful Friday




Having dinner in Chinatown on Friday night with three of my favorite people.

Having one of them speak fluent Chinese to the waiters and waitresses.

That he's home in general.

Rekindling our youth in the Five Below store.

Spending Saturday night at a party with my best friends.

Meeting some of their new significant others.

Delicious cosmopolitans.

The girls beating the boys at flip cup (and girl power in general).

Noodle rage.

The emails we've all been sending each other that have gotten me through this work week.

Being in charge of the company for the week and having it still be standing.

Getting to bond with her over cigarette breaks.

Getiing to bond with another over coffee and cigarettes at my favorite hippie cafe.

That even though her heart was broken, her spirit remains strong.

That she and Triple A saved me when like a fool I locked my keys in the car.

Spending Wednesday night with my mom.

The beautiful paintings of Philadelphia we saw.

The dinner and drinks at her favorite French restaurant.

The Indian music concert we went to at the beautiful Kimmel center.

That we laughed our heads off waiting for it to start for 30 minutes only to realize it was already happening.

That my mother is exactly who she is.

And that I'm her daughter.

Having drinks with more of my favorite people last night.

And that I'll be seeing even more of them tonight.

And tomorrow.

And hopefully a million times more after that.

That my life is as beautiful as it is.

7 comments:

M said...

This is a delicious list!! I love doing my grateful friday, it helps me keep everything in perspective. Hope you have a great weekend!

alan said...

When I count my blessings (like the old Bing Crosby song suggests, dating me...)

You are very high among them!

alan

MB said...

Lovely list!

"Noodle rage"???!! That made me chuckle.

Annie Z said...

Wonderful!

intentionally left blank said...

aww now i miss philadelphia

Beetlebum said...

Frankie,

I was cleaning out my room today and found some old postcards and cards you wrote me and I just wanted to tell you what a great person you are. You are so supportive to your friends, and so kind and caring and intelligent. I know this is random, but I just thought you should know that you're a great person.

liz elayne lamoreux said...

what a wondrous list...and maybe one day we can drink cosmos together and solve the problems of the world!