About Me

My photo
"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather my spark burn out in a brilliant blaze than be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy, permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." ~Jack London

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I Have...



......strep throat.
......swollen glands and lymph nodes.
......a burning sensation in both of my ears and my throat every time I swallow.
......been in bed for four days straight (with the exception of an attempt to go to work and a trip to the doctors)
......spent those four days vacillating between sleeping and weeping.
......been paranoid, scared, exhausted and pretty much a nightmare.
......not been responding to calls, emails or texts for this very reason.
......promised myself to do so the moment I feel better.
......six different kinds of medicine by my side.
......consumed nothing but medicine, soup, tea, Gatorade and water since Friday.
......a renewed faith that my mother loves me even at my worst.
......a renewed faith that I need her.
......a renewed faith that I probably always will.
......the Werther's she brought me to ease my throat and brighten my mood.
......the memory of the day I stayed home sick from school and he brought me Werther's and a teddy bear I named Caramel.
......the memory of feeling so loved by you then, Dad.
......that bear somewhere in mom's basement, because I couldn't ever seem to let it go.
......not opened my computer once since Friday.
......not been in this much pain for as long as I can remember, if ever.
......missed you all terribly.
......just felt like saying so.

I'll hopefully be back soon.
xoxoxo

12 comments:

madelyn said...

ohh noooooooooooo!

go have a very hot epson salt
bath with sprinkles of lavender
in it as well and a hot cup of
tea ~ and just sleep sleep sleep


(hugs)

Bethany Bassett said...

Oh, so sorry! That sounds positively miserable. I agree with Madelyn -- sleep like a madwoman and know that you will not have strep throat forever. :)

Pen said...

oh you poor flower!
being sick sucks.
but then the joy of feeling better again... oh that is something to look forward to!
in the meantime, there's some great advice here: epson salt baths and lots of sleep. sounds like a perfect remedy!
hope you feel better soon soon soon! missing you too xx

Beetlebum said...

Frankie, I am so sorry you are feeling so badly. Definitely have some tea. If you can get someone to get it for you, raspberry ginger tea really helps. If I had a car I would drive it to you. I hope you start feeling better soon. And I'm so glad you have your mom to take care of you. I'm terrified for the first time I get really sick living downtown...

gkgirl said...

:(

i hope that you are feeling better
soon
...
it sounds like a horrible time,
take it easy on yourself
and rest!!!

meghan said...

OH NO!!

Please take care of you - sending you healing thoughts and lozenges if I could!!

sleep tight!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear. Feel better soon.

Sky said...

oops....some germs gotcha. stay warm, drink as much hot tea as you can, and sleep. sending hugs and get well wishes.

alan said...

I'm not going to miss watching "the bugs" travel the assmebly line when I retire!

Hope you are feeling better already!

alan

Pauline said...

feel better soon! Lobbing digital chicken soup in your direction ;)

LeS said...

rest up girl - you will be yourself again in no time :)

Lori said...

I'm sorry you feel so awful. Hope you get better soon and I'm thinking of you. HUGS