About Me

My photo
"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather my spark burn out in a brilliant blaze than be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy, permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." ~Jack London

Monday, May 05, 2008

Update....

I am alive.

Sorry to have been so MIA!

I was hoping that I would be able to pick up a free wireless signal at my new house, but alas, no such luck, so for now I'm illegally using the computer at work at 5:30 in the morning.

I just wanted to let you all know that on April 30th, I officially became a homeowner and I am now busy moving into my new house, and future, and life. I'm sorry if I'm not around much for the next few weeks. I'll try to get my internet taken care of soon. I have so very much to tell you!

And I miss you all very much and can't wait to catch up on all that you have been creating while I've been gone.

I will be back soon.
I promise.

xoxoxo

6 comments:

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

yay!!! welcome home new home owner...how exciting... now to all that unpacking...my least favorite aspect of any move...

glad you popped in...

Sky said...

i knew what you were doing and am glad to hear a few words from you. i know you are excited. your post took me down memory lane. i recalled my first home. i was excited but also depressed upon moving in since moving is not something i handle well. i begin to feel uprooted and a bit disoriented initially upon moving. i used unpacked boxes as bedside tables for about 6 weeks until i arranged the furniture the way it should be and unpacked my new house so i could begin to live my life. and then the joy began to permeate my life.

how i loved that little cottage-like house! i loved gardening, had gorgeous lilies and roses, butterfly bushes, bi-level decks filled with pots of annuals, a huge border of cannas and day lilies, sedum, and lamb's ear; an arbor hanging in purple blooming, fragrant wisteria, birds at my feeders and splashing in the birdbaths, nests in my trees, butterflies drinking nectar in the tubed flowers of salvia. i had huge windows opening to it all so i could see these wonders any time i liked. i was happy as a lark! i hope you will be, too. i felt safe and content every single day, ensconced in my own personal retreat of the heart.

Pen said...

oh such exciting times ahead! i've missed your presence online, but i am {so} happy for you!!!

tried to look at the link of your lovely home again, but of course it is no longer available ~ because you own it now!

could you email me your new address though?

look forward to seeing/hearing more from you and your new home soon! xx

Pauline said...

Congratulations on your new home! Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it!

Beetlebum said...

Frankie, I"m so happy for you! We miss you but know that your absence from the blogging world is for a most wonderful reasonl

liz elayne lamoreux said...

i so hope you are having a wonderful may full of bright blooms and joyful beginnings...